1. Design is everything. Design solutions that matter.
2. With digital platforms, we sell value exchanges.
3. Young people are more likely to open bank accounts through their social media platforms (this is about trust).
4. The biggest issue for banking is business model disruption. Payments are being commoditized. The industry will be defined by a race to the bottom.
5. Banking will become what you do and not where you go.
6. FinTechs trigger the immune systems of organisations. The antibodies come out and kill them. There is an over-focus on P&L at the expense of future-proofing the business.
7. It is the human condition to learn through play. Drive serious business outcomes through creating engaging and immersive experiences. Adopt new approaches.
8. The creative and business difference is empathy. Develop it. Start with people, spend time with them, imagine how to enrich their lives. Then design better solutions for them.
9. Let go of the ideas you are attached to. Get feedback. Reinvent relentlessly.
10. Work in diverse teams.
11. Transcend the metrics.
Did you attend #leaderex2018? What stood out for you?